Kids love the beach don’t they? Sand and sea are just so much fun and there’s lots of things families can do together to make the most of this amazing play space. My daughters love exploring sand. It’s the best thing to be 4 years old and have the biggest sand pit at your finger tips.
We’ve had a lot of fun finding out what can keep kids busy on holiday and here’s the ultimate guide to activities you can do on the beach with the kids, so no one has an excuse to get bored.
We’re heading off to Costa Dorada in a few weeks with the girls and I can’t wait to see what fun they get up to together. It’s been a while since my 2 year old was on the beach so I know working through this list is going to be super exciting for her.
- Dig trenches in the sand for the water to flow to the sea. Great when there are pockets of water or rivers running down the beach.
- Build Sand Sculptures
- Game of Frisbee
- Volley Ball
- Build regular sandcastles
- Flying kites
- Burying Dad or another family member in the sand
- Collecting shells and other beach treasure like drift wood
- Climbing rocks
- Skimming stones
- Digging holes
- Building dams across inlets
- Jumping the waves
- Running away from the tide
- Make sand angels
- Draw pictures in the sand
- Make sand pies
- Play chase
What are your favourite things to do with kids on the beach? Are you the one always getting buried in the sand or are you a master sandcastle builder?
I have a great competition over on Zena’s Suitcase to win the toys you can see in the post which were gifted to us by Funkit World. They are scrunchy beach toys that pack easily into a suitcase. If you would like to enter click here.